The meaning of places

One gets to be familiar with places. When I get back from traveling I notice how well I know Holland: I can only but imagine how weird our trams, roads and traffic lights must look to foreigners; as weird as those look to me when I'm abroad.

One should keep track of how long it takes before one gets familiar with the place they're moving to.

Places are like picture books from our youth. One attaches experiences and emotions to those (they are their carriers).

I've lived at places in which I'd blown so much time and that had become such a mess that I'd better move to get myself back into action again. Because it's hard to change places, I feel.

When I'd then packed the boxes the place had changed.

Maybe one can move in one place, or travel.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

'Allahu Akbar'

Witte Onschuld en Joris Luyendijk

Een ode aan het ziekenhuis en verplegers