Interstellar

The movie Interstellar to me felt like a lot of missed opportunities.

This review contains some spoilers. You probably don't want to read a review before seeing a movie, anyway.

Best I liked the overall idea of finding new habitable planets.
I liked the chances everyone had to take: NASA sending out the initial twelve astronauts, being pretty sure they'd die a crappy death; the new crew trying to decide which planets were the most viable options.
The planets looked pretty good. However, they couldn't compete with the awe I felt flying of the Alien Prometheus planet.

I liked Matt Damon's arc. I liked how he portrayed some of the repugnant traits of the human species.

I thought the movie was a classic up to the point of going beyond the horizon of the black hole. Falling into a black hole has been an fascination of mine since forever, so it's hard to deliver, but still I think I'm allowed ask for a little bit more.

The dynamic of the portrayed family is very important in the movie. I did like the older son and daughter, with the messages they sent. The young ones were awful cliches, though.

Maybe I'm just gloomy, but I liked all the depressing stuff and the questions it posed. The happy stuff never delivered for me.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

'Allahu Akbar'

Een ode aan het ziekenhuis en verplegers

Witte Onschuld en Joris Luyendijk